Challenge: Google Docs
What did you create and why?
I created a Weekly Writing Homework sheet that provides the directions for the writing assignments. I would like the students to use Google Docs when working on their writing. The link is https://docs.google.com/a/edmonds.wednet.edu/document/d/1b1PfFGvf-xEak3xjbUM8ampocp2UPbUCCwE4aqRldWw/edit?usp=sharing
First, the students will brainstorm, do their rough draft, make revisions and turn in their final copy. The important part of this challenge was for me to learn how to use Google Docs rather than have a final product. I need to know how to use it before I have my students learning how.
What went well?
I read and followed the directions on the Google Training website. They were easy to follow.
What did you enjoy?
I liked finally figuring out how to use it. I think I will be using Google Docs a lot in my classroom.
What ideas do you have for using this tool?
When giving a research assignment or any type of writing assignment, I will use Google Docs. I like that students can access the same document which will be valuable for partner or group work.
ReplyDeleteSunday, August 30, 2015
I created this document so that the Audiology Staff can share information on what equipment is available for use and which is already in use or unavailable (waiting repair,etc.).
This has been difficult for me. The original "Google Docs Basic" lessons were not available online to me. I stumbled through and, as yet, am unsure if I did it correctly and don't know if I will be able to find the document again.
When looking today, I also could not locate the Synergyse Training tutorials, although I remember seeing them on the website a few days ago.
I enjoyed the idea of becoming more proficient in the use of google docs.
I hope use of this document will improve communication among school district audiologists/hearing therapists.
Here is the link. https://docs.google.com/a/edmonds.wednet.edu/document/d/1Zg_0Wp9Qn04cPvU0DPzGsGfLU2G-chtE_xgyTNS-Tow/edit?usp=sharing