Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Challenge: Google Calendar



  • What did you create, and why? I created a Google Calendar to share information with parents about field trips and upcoming events.
  • What went well for you? The tutorial video was easy to follow and straight-forward. Adding information to the Calendar and adding it to my class website went smoothly.
  • What was challenging? Everything went fairly smoothly. I think my biggest challenge, since I now have multiple calendars, will be remembering to select the correct calendar when entering a new event.
  • What did you enjoy? In the past, I've felt like I had to add events such as field trips to multiple calendars (for me, for parents, etc.) and I like the fact that I can add it once where I can see it but it will automatically update the website calendar for parents as well.
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? I'd consider using the calendar for some lesson planning since it will help keep all my information in once place. I could also use it to coordinate with grade-level teachers for planning and collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment