What did you create and why?
I am planning a unit on friendship so I started at www.teachingbooks.com. My read aloud is Flora &
Ulysses. This site provided activities, discussion and comprehension questions. I also found a
reader's theater script to use after reading the book. This site also provides links to the author's
website. I also explored the CultureGrams website www.culturegrams.com. We will be studying states. This site includes great information, interesting tidbits and recipes for each state.
What went well for you?
I found it easy to access information on both sites. The Teaching Books website provided lots of links and information for every book. I found it helpful that they broke down the information into categories. Information on CultureGrams is readily accessible. Its a colorful site which I found interesting to read.
What was challenging?
Accessing information on both sites was easy. Only challenge was reading through all the information on Teaching Books and determining what to use, what would be relevant for my friendship unit. One of the ideas suggested was creating a comic book. That will become the challenge for me.
What did you enjoy?
I enjoy reading new ideas and suggestions. I like that Teaching Books had lots of related links and lesson plans. I enjoyed how the information on CultureGrams was presented.
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade/level staff or community?
I plan on the students using CultureGrams to research states in our Social Studies Unit. I will be using Teaching Books for read alouds and guided reading books.
Hope these resources work well for you. I would encourage you to explore the Britannica School database as well.
ReplyDelete