- What did you create, and why? I explored sample class websites, experimented with different types of page options, and made updates to my website including adding a discussion page and a Google Calendar (replacing my Events page). While I didn't publish all the pages I tried, I explored more ideas for ways to use my website (such as adding class newsletters) once the school year begins.
- What went well for you? Adding the Google Calendar went smoothly. I haven't done a good job keeping my Events page updated in the past, so I'm looking forward to having the calendar update automatically when I add things to my Google Calendar. Adding other pages like the Discussion page went smoothly as well.
- What was challenging? This wasn't a challenge with the task specifically, but it's not always easy to find the balance between setting up pages to provide families with useful information while also being realistic about what I will be able to keep regularly updated with minimal effort. I know it's not helpful unless I can keep the information current.
- What did you enjoy? Exploring other sample pages to see how other teachers are using their websites. I set up my site a while back but haven't really taken the time since then to look at other possibilities and think about other ways I could use the website.
- What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? I'll think more about ways I might use the Discussion and Blog pages as the year goes on and my students become more proficient with keyboarding.
Class Website
No comments:
Post a Comment