Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Challenge: Arts & Crafts

  • What did you create, and why? I created a "random name picker" to use in classrooms when I am substitute teaching. 
  • What went well for you? I love this app! I can see myself using this every time I sub. One of the challenges when subbing is that you don't always know the names of your students. Using this app will allow me to randomly pick students to answer questions, help out in the classroom, etc. without me having to guess students names or find the class list.
  • What was challenging? Nothing! Very user friendly and fast. 
  • What did you enjoy? Honestly it was kind of fun to push the button and hear the wheel go around and then the horns toot when a name was selected. I think students will find it fun and engaging as well. Plus it is so simple to use a kindergartener could be assigned to pushing the button to see who is next enabling the teacher to roam and not be stuck to the computer. 
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? This could be used in so many ways in a classroom. Not only during lesson times but choosing class jobs, seat assignments, star student of the week and so much more!
  • Random Picker

No comments:

Post a Comment