I created an accessible classroom website for my students and their families. Last year, I sent home a weekly letter but many of my families were unable to access it due to language barriers. Recently, a colleague of mine told me about the "select language" tab at the top of her website. She noted that families may use the tab to access all website information in their chosen language. I was really excited about this information but terrified about the thought of creating a website. I struggle with the mechanics of setting up new things using technology. However, the benefits for my students and their families far outweighed my fear of trying something new.
I have been working on my website on and off throughout the summer. I am still working on figuring out how to use the calendar tool, but I am excited to share the rest of my project with my students and their families.
This year, families will be able to access important information about upcoming events, access district and state educational websites, use reading programs at home, view pictures of their child, and so much more. I am glad I challenged myself to create a classroom website and I look forward to using it as a communication and educational tool for my students and their families.
My web address will be http://teacher.edmonds.wednet.edu/hazelwood/spears
No comments:
Post a Comment