Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Google Slides

Challenge: Google Slides

What did you create and why?

Using Google Slides, I created a presentation on Digital Citizenship. My students will be receiving Chromebooks so it's important that they become digital citizens.  They have to act safely, responsibly and respectfully. This is an introductory lesson in which they create  Super Digital Citizens.
https://docs.google.com/a/edmonds.wednet.edu/presentation/d/1TjX2lfgt_rdXb8LeM4ZuUOWCOZ34ifwKJ3qMrXQHgiE/edit?usp=sharing

What went well for you?

I found Google Slides easy to use. It added a level of engagement to the presentation. I added links and a video which was easy to do.

What was challenging?

Having never used Google Slides, it was a bit intimidating. The directions were easy to follow. Figuring out how to share it was challenging and I hope I did that right.

What did you enjoy?

I enjoyed finding a new way to present lessons. I think I will be using this a lot.

What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?

I plan to have students use Google Slides when learning their vocabulary words. After reading a book, students will use Google Slides to review and present the book.

1 comment:

  1. This assignment looks like it will be fun! What a great way to share the concepts of Digital Citizenship. Thanks for sharing! It would be great to see what the students create for superheroes and their comics.

    ReplyDelete