Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Digital Citizenship

Challenge: Digital Citizenship

What did you create, and why?

Since my students will be receiving Chromebooks this year, I felt this was an important challenge for me to undertake. Using Google Slides, I created a presentation on the Super Digital Citizen. Here is the link to my presentation.  https://docs.google.com/a/edmonds.wednet.edu/presentation/d/1TjX2lfgt_rdXb8LeM4ZuUOWCOZ34ifwKJ3qMrXQHgiE/edit?usp=sharing
I watched the video and followed the lesson plan from Common Sense Education.

What went well for you?

I had to first learn how to use Google Slides which I found easy to use especially adding pictures and links. It was interesting to watch the video of the lesson and then be provided the lesson plan with the Essential Question and Common Core Standards already done for me. The lesson was engaging and a good way to present the concept of digital citizenship.

What was challenging?

Having to learn Google Slides was a challenging just because I had never used it. Although similar to PowerPoint, I found it easier to add pictures and links.

What did you enjoy?

I like that I have a completed lesson plan already to go for September.

What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?

Family resources are available on the Common Sense Education website including a family tip sheet. Lesson plans are provided for the school year.

1 comment:

  1. You should share this lesson with teachers in your school. It would be great to invite one of the Instructional Technology Coaches to observe this lesson in progress.

    ReplyDelete