- What did you create, and why?
- At times it can be difficult to collect data for students with behavior goals. I created a behavior goal chart for teachers to assess a student's progress each day. At times students "lose" or forget their charts, teachers forget to record and parents do not have the ability to view student behavior until teacher has the opportunity to inform them via email or phone.
- What went well for you?
- Since this is a form that I have yet to use, I anticipate that it will streamline the process for teachers, students and parents to have data readily available. If a rewards system is used the data will be recorded for quick viewing by case manager, counseling staff and parents.
- What was challenging?
- I anticipate a challenge to be for those families who do not have internet access at home. Since this is a new method, teachers may have difficulty remembering to record data.
- What did you enjoy?
- I love the feature of required response. Since the behavior goal form is based upon the students IEP goals or Behavior Intervention Plan, this data is necessary for IEP reviews and reevaluations.
- What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
- As previously mentioned I will use this type of form for recording behavior goal data. This data will be quickly accessible to parents, teachers, counseling staff and case managers. I also am considering having the student use the form for daily self-assessment during our check-in times.
http://goo.gl/forms/cesTFOt9EI
Form looks good. A couple things to consider: 1. If parents are going to view the results, you will want to make a copy of the form for each kid so they are not seeing other students information that is collected. 2. You will want to include name as one of the required questions so you know which child the form is for, especially if you use it as a self evaluation for students.
ReplyDeleteI saw some other ways the forms can help with IEP goal tracking from a teacher in another district that I can share with you if you are interested. Just let me know.