What did you create and why?
I created a google calendar and I linked it to my SWIFT page. I think this will make it easier for parents to be informed abut what's happening in our classroom.
What went well for you?
Everything went pretty well. It was easy to add events to the calendar and create a link in SWIFT.
What was challenging?
The most difficult part for me was remembering to deselect video chat and also select the right calendar. I am going to continue to play around with it and see if I can make it default to what I want.
What did you enjoy?
I enjoyed playing around with google calendar. I like it better than the events page in SWIFT. If I make a change in my calendar, it automatically updates in SWIFT. Now I don't have to write myself notes to update my events!
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
I think this will be an easy way to keep parents informed about upcoming important dates. I think it could also be used by students for things like due dates, etc, but I'm not quite sure how to incorporate that into my daily classroom routine yet.
Here is the link to my website, which is still under construction!
http://teacher.edmonds.wednet.edu/beverly/ccaesar/calendar
No comments:
Post a Comment