Challenge: Google Docs
What did you create, and why?
I created this Google Doc to allow students to enter the daily math learning target. Each day the students will access this document to record the learning target and/or make comments. Each Friday students will be required to write a reflection of content learned during the week. The link to this document is https://goo.gl/lqIsR6.
What went well for you?
My hope is that this document will simplify the process for students to regularly record their daily learning targets. Since this is an activity where students can earn participation points, my hope is that it will speed up the time it takes for students to manually write the target and not waste time searching for their journal and scrounging around for a pencil.
What was challenging?
College Place Middle school will distribute Chromebooks to students in mid-September.and until that time students will be required to record manually in spiral math journals. Once students have processed through the gradual switch to Chromebooks, I believe this will become easier for students.
What did you enjoy?
I anticipate I will enjoy the transition from students not having all materials in class (pencil, math journal, planner and text) each day to using technology as one collective tool for access to instruction. I believe it will also make grading easier as students must make daily entries and I have only one document to look at and add comments to.
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
This doc will be posted on my district website for parents to review with their child. Parents will have the ability see their child's entry and end of week reflection. Students will benefit as they will be able to quickly record target and also be able to keep up on any posts they may have missed if absent.
The form looks great. I edited the entry to include the correct link to the form. I like the reflection piece of the form and hopefully you will find this a valuable tool for your students.
ReplyDelete