Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Google Calendar



From a gal who still loves my old school handwritten calendar....I think I'm going to learn to love Google Calendar...a way to organize my crazy life in and out of school in one place. Working with students who struggle with organization, this will be a crucial tool for them, as they will all have their own Chromebook this year. I can't wait to help them organize this as soon as school starts ~ it will be really helpful for them and communication with families will improve.

I set up different calendars: Personal Calendar, Lesson Plans, IEP/Evaluation meetings, Classroom and School important dates and events. I love the color coding options - this will be super helpful to highlight holidays/assignments/events and keep them separated for both myself and my students. I also like the fact that I can choose which calendars are accessible to parents/students or just our department/PLCs etc. However, this could also get somewhat convoluted....I tried to keep it simple and allowed just one calendar to be accessed by students and families. I have a feeling that I will be refining this as I start using the calendars throughout the year and find out what works and what doesn't.

I am in the midst of changing cell phone providers, but when we do, I'm excited to synchronize my phone with my calendars....as this has been my missing link...making sure my family appointment/schedules do not conflict with school meetings/events etc.

I'm starting to feel a bit more google literate...on to my next Challenge!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, you and your students are going to love working with Google Calendar. And parents will appreciate being able to see student calendars to check assignment dates and class information. You may want to consider embedding your Google Calendar in your class website. Nice work on this Challenge!

    ReplyDelete